Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year Resolutions for 2007

Windy.Brilliant.18C.It's New Year!

I usually don't put down new year resolutions because I know I'll never get myself to completing any of them. But because this year has been such a failure, I think I should put my thoughts down on paper to force myself to face them and realise them.

Anyway, it's still within the first hour of the New Year. I just got back from an early, FREE show of
The Holiday (It won't be on until next Thursday, officially). It's brilliant and I love it!! Well, maybe not everyone would like it. And, OMG, I never realise how "insanely good-looking" Jude Law is!

Back to where I have started, here are the things that I MUST/MUST NOT do in 2007:

1. Pass that goddamned exam that I have failed 4 times, which I won't name. It's really getting onto my nerves.

2. Lose at least 20 lbs. Actually, 25 would be perfect.

3. Sleep earlier. Change must take place in a progressive manner. Aim to sleep before 12am by mid-year, and before 11pm by end of year.

4. Exercise regularly, at least 2-3 times per week. Should try to play badminton or squash instead of JUST running like a white rat on a treadmill/cross-trainer.

5. Pick up Japanese again so that I can take the final exam, and so I won't forget what I have learnt.

6. Stop buying/borrowing books and not read them.

7. Same goes for CDs.

8. Ditto for DVDs.

9. AND ditto for skincare products.

10. Speak LESS evil so I won't hurt other people. It's impossible for me to speak no evil, so I guess that's the best that I can ask myself to do.

Ok, I think that's a good list. Any list longer than 10 items will start to lose its real meaning. Let's see how many of those I can accomplish!

Happy New Year, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    for 6-8, consider the fact that sometimes if I don't buy when I see them, they would disappear forever, I would just buy them.

    引誘你買野, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. wawawa...

    if i keep on buying things without using them, i think my room is going to disappear in the end. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I wrote one last year and ended up not accomplishing ANY! >.<

    Good luck (esp. with 2,3,4,10), just b/c I can't do it, it doesn't mean you cant! hehe

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lu,

    2007 Happy New Year~~~~~~~~~

    All The Best!!!!!!!!

    Din Din

    ReplyDelete
  5. 新年快樂呀!

    Actually I do lots of the things you mention too, like buying discs that I may or may not use,but must agree with 古思哲: 蘇州過後冇艇搭. Especially when these things don't really cost that much.. ;P

    I'll keep reminding you on exercising coz I skipped so many days towards the end of 2006... must do something about it!

    ReplyDelete