Wednesday, January 10, 2007

It's about time

Cloudy.18C

We finished the performance review form before the year end, but never had the time to do the face-to-face session. So I thought it was all over, because I heard during the annual dinner committee (yes, I was unfortunately one of the members) meeting that our bonus will be announced next Thursday. Of course I already knew that the performance review was really just formality and paper work, and have no impact whatsoever on the determination of our bonus. My colleagues who have been around in the team since it's started (over 8 years now) all complaint that this is a waste a time because the same comments were made every year. Nonetheless, I was a little disappointed that I didn't get a chance to get (or give) some feedback from my boss.

Well, yesterday he came and said that let's do it this afternoon.

OK. Now I start to think what my boss will say to me. Please try to come to work a little more on time? Please don't blog in the office when you're supposed to be working? Please show some efficiency? Please do what you have said last year that you would do? Urgh, maybe I should have just wished that we were not going to meet at all.

3 comments:

  1. woah~ that sounds like me. haha

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... i think it'd be similar in the circle of bloggers.

    it went ok la.. actually my boss is v nice. so as long as the small bads are not going to affect delivery of work, he wouldn't really mind. that makes me feel guilty!

    but... it doesn't give me enough motivation to improve. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that my company will restrict employees visit internet later, if this will come true, the time in office will hard to pass & i can't chat with others frequently.

    ReplyDelete