Monday, March 12, 2007

Brain Dead/Writer's Block

Rain Powder (yeah.. not rain power).17C

I'm still recovering from last two weeks' excessive... urgh... concert-going (??) and serious sleep deprivation. The main consequence was brain dead. Yes, brain dead, not brain freeze. Well, at least for the past week, my brain was quite dead. That brought out a few undesired behaviour: (1) grumpiness, (2) unable to think of what to blog (even though I'm entries behind... there were things I want to write about but I don't know what to write, i.e. there is a topic but no content), (3) constantly falling asleep at work (even while working, i.e. not idle), (4) unable to get up on time (alarm set at 7.15am, but I got out of bed today, after much struggling, at 8.05am) and (5) of course getting to work late.

But I'm also brain dead because I was clearing up the taped TV programmes and newspapers that I've been accumulated over the past two weeks. So, I've been watching 2 episodes of The Medium (I missed the episode about Detective Scanlon and the season 2 finale), He Who Can't Marry, Prison Break (season 2 opening), 2 episodes of Hotel Babylon and Shark. I think I've been watching too much TV and that might have sucked out most of my brain cells. Fortunately, I've finished skim-reading all of them last night while watching My Girl, so Mum won't yell at me about the newspapers. I still have the old magazines lying around though... maybe I should just throw them away!

And I think, talking to my travel agent kills a lot of my brain cells as well. I mean, talking to my travel agent was fine. She was really nice and patient (yeah, I was asking about 15 different schedules at the same time and she didn't show any negative attitude at all). I sometimes feel bad when talking to her because so often I would ask her for quotations but ended up not buying anything from her. Anyway, she never said any mean things to me. I think it was just her personality... Oh, back on track... planning a trip was a killer because I can't make the decision (i.e. when to leave and return, what time, which hotel to stay) yet I'm the one still making the decision. So that means there are a lot of back-and-forth to do, which I totally loathe. I personally would much prefer to stay home and do nothing (or finish those DVDs that I have bought or borrowed from various people) and, maybe if I'm diligent enough, study a bit. But Mum thought that we have this long weekend and it's a waste not to go anywhere. My view is: long weekend travelling = more dead (because travelling is tiring!!! and there must be a whole bunch of honkies around the world and yeah, I'm getting old, I'm terribly afraid of crowds) + a lot poorer (that goes without saying, even though Mum's going to pay for the trip.) after the public holidays. Anyway, Mum has more say so we are going to Taipei for easter. (well, it's still something that I look forward to... I haven't been to TP since 2003?? and I get to meet up with P again! Yay!)

Sandee also mentioned that she was having writer's block last week - I think it's contagious! In addition to being brain dead, I really didn't have any mood for writing last week. I think maybe because my sitemeter (re the Mar 9 entry) counter was "down" so I can't see any flow of visits to the blog and that was quite demotivating. I thought I didn't care about if anyone reading my blog at all, but now I have to rethink if that was true. Anyway, maybe I just didn't like to see something broken down and so seeing that update was somewhat a closure and gave me some comfort.

I shouldn't let blogging take over my life and my mind! (Big achievement yesterday: no surfing yesterday at all. In fact, I didn't even touch my laptop yesterday.)

Q2 2007 resoloution: I must reallocate my brain resources!

4 comments:

  1. Take a break from blogging if you have to. hehe It works! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be very busy to performances in art festival before, thanks for no money, i go to few performances this year, so it is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aulina, sandee: thanks! sleep is probably the best cure :)

    vicky: haha... that's a good excuse for not going to as many performances. i think i'll have to work harder at picking the right ones next year, if i'm still going!

    ReplyDelete