Friday, December 22, 2006

Winter Solstice & Almost Christmas

Sunny.19C

The weather these few days was so nice. The sky was blue and the air was crisp. It's just so winter. If it weren't for the skyscrapers, I would have thought that I'm in some European countries in the early winter. (So why was the air so clean? There was no public holiday in the mainland, so that means the factories would still be running.... So, maybe, afterall, the factories in the Guangdong province aren't the culprits to our air pollution problem??)

We'll get to go home early today because of winter solstice. But the office is very empty. Most of the people has taken leave or has left mid-day to play golf. It feels so Christmasy.

I went to PP to get movie tickets for Sunday. There was this group of harp players dressed in 18th Century French (?) aristocratic court dresses, playing harp elegantly. Quite a huge audience has crowded around the stage. Christmas is in the air.

11 comments:

  1. 聖誕快樂!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas.

    I miss the Christmas(es) I had in PP years ago. Always enjoy strolling in the arcade during Christmas, so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Xmas Lu!!!

    (btw my guy friend read my blog and he also wants a poika lamp) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wei, lu lu, 聖誕快樂 & 新年快樂!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas everyone!

    People are doing carolling on the streets right now! I can hear them in my room. :)

    Have been quite lazy to write these couple of days, but I got my photos developed (that's ever since I've got my DC last Christmas) and finished all the taped TVBP dramas! Yay!!

    I'll write tomorrow!

    Carrie - I was just at PP today. It's still very festive but I don't think you'll miss much of it - too many ppl there la...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the completion of all your taped dramas!! which means u can make room for new ones?

    Just wanna pop by to wish you a very happy Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks lil orange! Actually i thought i could watch them tonight directly instead of taping them... but since we're going to a friend's place... i still have to tape them >_<

    Merry Christmas to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Lu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy holidays! I still have loads to watch and now I'll be on my way out of Hong Kong in practically less than 12 hours... looks like the holidays are even more hectic than the normal days!!!!

    ReplyDelete