Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Approaching Liberty

During the four years of college, I have actually never taken a take-home exam.

Was it lucky? Was it unlucky?

I don't know. It is already difficult to determine whether one's lucky or not if one has to take an exam. (You take an exam to be qualified for something, or as an assessment of what you have learnt. To be able to learn, should certainly be counted as lucky, shouldn't it? But then the ordeal to go over all the material that you have done over a period of time would definitely discount the "luckiness" of being able to learn. It's especially cruxifying if you are not interested in what you are going to be tested on! Or, you are interested in the subject but didn't enjoy or understand the classes.)

So, after so many years of formal schooling, I have my first experience of a take-home exam.

Well, it said no collaboration on the exam cover sheet. But would anyone really follow???

Anyway, it took me 1.5 days to finish the paper, made me feel completely stupid for not knowing what I have learnt and wasted so much time, and exacerbated my sleep deprivation. (I went to classmate PY's place from 1430 till 2245. By the time I got home it's already 0000! Well, don't think it was *that* exact.)

It doesn't matter anymore. This thing will finish tomorrow and I only have the Saturday class until mid Jan. So, in some sense, I have all the time to catch up on the other class, tidy up my war-zone looking study, finish what has been lying on my to-do-list forever and, hopefully, sleep!

Well, I shouldn't really complain now because, at least, I'm not the one doing the presentation tomorrow. I only had to help compile the slides, which I have no idea what it would look like on the big screen, and I delivered it late as I have expected. (What a lovely group mate I am, ain't I? Seriously, I'm not like this usually.) Well well, so much for my contribution to the group.

2 comments:

  1. 你真在太上進了, 對於讀書, 我已失去興趣, 叫我讀個 master, impossibe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but you're studying music!

    at least you're "studying" something that you are interested in. i thought i was, but this program is rather disappointing.

    anyway, you're v 上進, too la.. :)

    ReplyDelete