Monday, December 04, 2006

Irresitible

I tried very hard not to be influenced by the Christmas decorations in the shopping malls and the rather exuberant shopping crowd.

But I failed. I've been buying stuff and spending unnecessarily these couple of days. The urge to shop (note, it's not really the Christmasy feeling that makes me want to shop) has filled the air.

I felt (and still feeling) so guilty!!!

Well, the eye gel was actually necessary. Because "dry" wrinkles have started to surface, indicating that I'm not providing enough moisture to the skin under my eyes. So, I went to SaSa to buy eye gel. First, it was already over my budget. Then, I saw this Hello Kitty shower gel and sponge set, and I couldn't hold myself back - it's really adorable and I'm sure Mum would like it. So, yeah, now it's all wrapped up at home and under our mini Christmas tree. Even though it's not expensive, it is extra spending. But, when Mum knew that it was her Christmas present (I haven't told her it's Hello Kitty related yet), she just beamed. Fully. Well, that's all worth it.

And then, I went to IFC Mall today with a colleague to try to pick up an eye gel sample from Laneige, but it wasn't available. So, we started to look around. L'Occitane is an evil shop!!! The whole shop was packed - with people, and goods, and Christmas-ness! The little packages were so tempting and finally they have lured me into the shop. And yes, I bought something, but they were not on special. And no, they are totally unnecsseary products, which means it was totally impulsive shopping. (See how powerful the mere existence of "Sale" is? It can make people buy things that are unnecessary and not on sale!!!)

Well, from now until bonus time, I have to refrain from making any unnecessary expense. Otherwise, I'll have to go to the loan sharks to finance my tax bill, school fee and my Angkor Wat trip!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha I couldn't agree more with you. Worst thing for me is I work in IFC - so hard to blind myself from temptation each day!! >.<

    I also brought stuff from L'Occitane. So not going fwd to my credit card statement and tax payments next month!

    I might just be lining up behind you for the loan sharks. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do they have to put the tax sason right after the festive shopping season?!

    wouldn't that put ppl off from buying beforehand? :'(

    ReplyDelete