Friday, May 04, 2007

Reminder to myself

Cloudy.25C

Heard this piece on the radio on the way to work just now. The melody was beautiful. I'm writing this down so that I won't forget and can find it later on.

It should be Beethoven's Variations on "Bei Mannern" of Mozart. It's a piano and cello duet. (there's a part 2 of the video. I'll check it out later.)

----

Correction @ 00:03

OK, I've listened to the youtube recording and it's not what I heard this morning. So, the programme listing on the website must have been screwed up. After much searching, I found it! It's actually the final movement of Sonata for cello & piano in A major (arr. from "Sonata for violin & piano") by Cesar Franck, a Belgian composer. I prefer the cello version to the original one.

I'm going to locate the CD locally first. If not, then I'll order it via amazon. Yay! (I'm a genius! ^_^)

[I've forgotten to add, the links above were samples from www.amazon.com.]
doubanclaim407b29992e7ac604

5 comments:

  1. Cello music is beautiful, isn't it?

    Mstislav Rostropovich, the greatest cellist of all time (who died last Friday), recorded this piece on a 2-disc set. Thought you might want to check it out:

    http://www.amazon.com/Beethoven-Complete-Music-Cello-Piano/dp/B0000041A9

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes - i love the sound of cello but don't know much about it. it's a pity that i have missed the greatest cellist... guess will have to catch up with his records!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,you guy wanna to get some latest music, game and more.....
    For PSP ONLY????

    Take a look in my blog,ok

    http://wangweicoolboy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. try hmv UK if you're only ordering 1 CD, they charge shipping slightly cheaper than amazon who charges both per item and per shipment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks aulina! i'll try the local shops here first. there's a CD shop nearby which has a large collection of classical CDs. last time i went, i was so lost that i didn't get anything as there were so many great things to get (v reasonable price too)... :P

    ReplyDelete