Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Libertango

Where does the wind come from, all of a sudden? 19C

Thanks to Kafka for bringing back the good old memories that I have once indulged myself every day in the long-forgotten daydream that I would go to Buenos Aries someday to really feel the Libertango with my ears, my eyes, my skin and my soul.

And thanks to YouTube for showing me that the same music has been adapted and played in so many different ways. Even though my favourite is still the original irreplaceable performance with the bandoneón, the guitar trio is nonetheless an awesome alternative:


6 comments:

  1. Nice - Thxs for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can link it...If that makes you rediscover good memories about music in life...be my guest =)

    Classical Guitar + Tango + Astor Piazzolla = Vertigo.

    Somehow I found the plucking of the guitar very sexy...so Mediterranean ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lu, I didn't know you like guitar too?!?!?!?!?!? omg... we really are kind of twins in that sense...

    Have you got Xuefei Yang's CD? I also recently bought ASGP-Asian Super Guitar Project, both are quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. > Classical Guitar + Tango + Astor Piazzolla = Vertigo.

    Kafka: well put. but it was actually a bit slow in the beginning, the ending was quite unexpected.

    Arts Fest has a classical guitar concert near the end of March. i'd be going to that as well. i guess that'll be my third time listening to classical guitar, live :)

    aulina: hehe... well, i'm not *totally* into classical guitar. at least not yet. but it's definitely a type of music that i like. haven't got xuefei yang's cd. been hearing very positive reviews from time to time. wasn't motivated enough to go listen to it yet though. hehe...

    the clip was found by accident. i was planning to look around for Piazolla, but, viola, it popped up. hope you've enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy CNY, lu. Wish you a year of boar full of joy and fun!

    ReplyDelete