Tuesday, August 15, 2006

They are shooting "The Golden Compass"

Sunny.31C (but doesn't feel like it)

And Nicole Kidman is playing Mrs. Coulter, which, I think, is a perfect match, despite the character's evilness. The Golden Compass is the first book of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials series and have won a number of awards. Even though it's classified as children's books and often compared to Harry Potter, I found HDM truly much darker and serious. Miranda first introduced it to me back in 2002 when I was visited her in NYC, and I immediately went to the library to borrow it when I returned. It was a fun and unstoppable read. It's also an adventure, which, you must pack your imagination along with you!

Dakota Blue Richards will be playing Lyra, the main character. Apparently, Dakota has won the role against a few hundreds other girls while they auditioned in the UK and is a newcomer, so no picture is available on the web and is rather mysterious (which fits the book)! It's going to be a rather long wait as the movie won't be completed until some time in 2007. So, in the meantime, I should go back to re-read the novel and finish off the final book of the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment