Sunday, July 01, 2007

New Year Resolutions Review

Cloudy.28C

Half of 2007 has passed quickly, and it's a good time to review the New Year resolutions that I've made at the beginning of the year. I was quite serious about making them happen this year because I think they are quite achievable! So, here are the results so far:

1. Exam result is not released until later, so this is unknown now.

2. Lose 20lbs?! Gosh... I think I've gained another 2 or 3 so far. I've stopped weighing myself.

3. Sleep earlier? I seriously did try. I wouldn't keep track of my sleeping time if I weren't being serious!
I just don't think it's working up to now. 12am (= 24.00 on my Y-axis, so 25.00 = 1am) is constantly at the lower end of the plot, instead of being in the middle or at the upper end where I hope it would be appearing. But it's not too late yet. I still have half a year and I should start picking it up tonight!

4. Exercise 2-3 times per week... not. Sigh, I tried. I think for the past 3 weeks I went to the gym once, and that's it. No other exercise have ever materialised, year-to-date.

5. No, I haven't touched any of my old Japanese textbook or prep book yet.

6. I've been quite good with the books that I've borrowed but am currently stuck with The Family Way because of school work and piled-up magazines. I've seriously cut down on the number of books that I've bought but I've still bought a few and not read them yet.

7. CDs-wise, I think I've controlled myself quite well. I haven't bought excessively and I did listen to them but no, I haven't listened to them to the extent that I know the pieces inside out.

8. OK, I'm just bad with DVDs. I haven't had time to watch any that I've bought this year. But I haven't been buying non-stop!

9. Skincare products... um... I tried to buy what I need. As for the products that I don't need to use daily, I made efforts to use them as often as I could and not excessively. All the masks that I've used and blogged about were bought last year!

10. I still bad-mouth about other people (mum is the usual listener. And here, which I really shouldn't...); I still lose temper (but only occasionally and in a very controlled way); but I think I don't speak as evilly to the targets. Do they feel hurt? I don't know, really. So maybe that wasn't any improvement at all. But sometimes if I'm unhappy about someone because of something that they did or the way that they did it, I think I should let them know instead of holding it in, which is not healthy for me nor useful for solving the problem (if any). The ultimate resolution is, of course, improve my EQ - be more accepting and forgiving. And, that is a really difficult goal. That's going to be sitting in my list of New Year resolutions year after year, I'm sure.

So, what have I achieved so far? It's pretty pathetic to read the tally. I think it's like 2 or 2.5 checked and the rest are status quo, if not having gotten worse. Way to go!

5 comments:

  1. YOU KEPT TRACK OF YOUR SLEEPING TIME?? unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u are good at setting goals for yourself. nice try and good effort! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. u still have half year to go! add oil mate : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm proud of you! You actually take your resolutions seriously! keke

    ReplyDelete
  5. aulie: i'm only going to do it this year. if i don't do it then i don't really know how late i'm sleeping :P

    MD, bee: thanks! ^_^

    sandee: thanks... keke.. u should do the same la... so i can see new resolutions on your list next year :P

    ReplyDelete