Tuesday, March 15, 2011

First time ever

Quite cloudy.6C

We're staying at the same hotel chain as we were in NYC, but as most of they've said, it's really nicer here in London. (Although JY would contest to that.) We had some really unnecessary and unpleasant misunderstanding at the check-in, which caused me to unpack, pack and unpack and totally wasted a good morning. That apart, it has been a good stay so far. I got a *much* bigger window and a sunrise view. Yay!

But what I'm trying to get at is that for all the stay-at-the-hotel experiences I've had so far, this is really the first time, yes, the first time ever, that I got a thank you note for leaving a tip for the cleaning lady.

Yeah, totally bizzare, eh? But totally sweet, too.

(OK, it just got me started to think that maybe I've left too much? But I  really don't think so. Hmmm...)

p.s. On the second day, I got a smiley on the thank you note. How sweet!

2 comments:

  1. generous tippers are always appreciated. i like how waiters smile when they saw big tips on tables. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm usually not, that's why i don't see that that often then :P but this time i'm really not doing anything outside of the norm...

    ReplyDelete