Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Summer Holiday Homework I: Theme Hospital

Cloudy.Humid.28C

I was introduced to Theme Hospital many years ago (I think 10+) by Helen, as she was playing the game in between her homeworks and revisions. But, she has never shared the game with me, so I didn't get to play it back then. From the retelling of her experiences (e.g. how she poked a needle to cure the Bloaty Head, or cutting short the patient's tongue to cure her Slack Tongue), I knew that it must be a really fun (and funny) game, and unlike the other SIM City-like games which are so popular at the time (I usually couldn't get the grip of the SIM games).

The first time I got to play it was when another friend gave me a copy of the game in college. I was so glad that I got it in the summer vacation as I then became totally addicted to it. I was trying to break the levels as soon as possible and thus playing day and night when time was available. But, somehow, I must have been a lousy planner and not much of managerial material, that I was got stuck at a certain level. Then my computer hanged for some reason whenever I tried to play it, as if it were some premonition that I should drop the game or I'll drop dead from continuing playing. And so, that was the end of my Theme Hospital episode.

I was never quite over the fact that I could NOT finish the game (and really miss the fun of playing it). So, I have determined that, in the light of my soon imprisonment, I should play it this summer and finished all levels. (What a great accomplishment it will be!) This will ensure me to go through the long, dull days without having this unfinished will in my head. And I've found this absolutely wonderful site, which, I'm sure, will help expedite my reaching the goal. Theme Hospital - I shall conquer thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment