Monday, March 20, 2006

Mrs. Henderson Presents....

Cloudy.Breezy.18C

GMAT is history! Even though the result was nothing splendid, I'd still consider it as acceptable[still have to wait for the score of the AWA to mark it complete and final.]

******
My friend, Aditi, is leaving HK soon, marking her almost 4 years life here as a close. I guess she probably enjoyed working and living here in the beginning, but as Angie left for INSEAD, her life seemed to have become so dull that she has decided to go back to school. She will be flying out at the end of the month and will be travelling around India before heading to Boston. She had her farewell drinks at Pi last Saturday, which I dropped by for half an hour (to confirm my anti-socialness and fear of being sighted as horizontally gifted). I knew that it wouldn't fare as a formal goodbye so I suggested we do dinner and/or movie tonight. Dinner was at McD (I tried their new Chicken Fantastic, which was quite fun despite a little too sweet in the rice) and movie was Mrs. Henderson Presents... The movie was good fun, humorous (sometimes a bit over the edge - "Are you American?... Strange people, but very good manners..." :D), anti-war(of course!). Dame Judi Dench was as marvellous as ever. The costumes are SUPERB! Music was brilliant. Bertie (played by Will Young) was such a good singer; Maureen (aka Caroline Bingley in Pride & Prejudice 2005) was portrayed gorgeously; and Lady Conway (Mrs. Henderson's close friend) was a most commendable character! I love this movie.

So, it's not such a sad ending to a rather short friendship. I doubt if I'll visit Aditi, but I'm sure we'll email. On my way home, I took a picture of what MO has become - the ultimate billboard for Christian Dior - now disguising as my mobile's wallpaper.

[picture unavailable due to some unforeseen technical difficulties...]
******
I have to say, the bus ride home was rather pleasant, because the advertiser has generously put on a jasmine perfumed air conditioner. That would, of course, serve a purpose: Tempo is promoting its new Jasmine tissue paper. It's actually quite delicious, as Mrs. Henderson would have said!

No comments:

Post a Comment