Wednesday, April 26, 2006

not a good day

This is actually a late post for yesterday.

urgh.. totally not a good day. First, I was dozing off in the morning constantly, trying very hard to fight off the drooppiness every minute. I didn't even realize he came to use the Bloomberg terminal. So he might have seen me "fishing".

Then it was a mediocre day, with low productivity. Well, at least I got one simple macro done (at first I thought it'll be very hard to write, but it turned out otherwise). After that, I started to work on another one, which I'm not sure if the whole process will improve the original at all. One good thing of the day is that I at least got to the gym and exercised for 30 minutes. Not bad.

The follow up check with my travel agent was not the least encouraging. The flight that I really wanted to get is still full and the other one is almost full (4 seats left as of yesterday). And the ticket is actually more expensive than what other people has told me. So it's a dilemma of giving the business to my travel agent (as my mum constantly said that she has very heavy financial burdens) or saving our own $$. It's a tough choice. So today I'll have to challenge her to lower the price. How nice I'd be.

Well, when I thought that they day was going to end smoothly..... the most embarrassing thing happened. I forgot to zip up and went to the pantry to fill up my mug. Was anyone at the pantry? OH YES. One fund man and the whole group of sales (his whole team - why the hell would you be having market commentary/direction meeting at 5.30pm?!). I didn't realize until I returned to my seat - no wonder the fund man was shotting me this weird look. I'm praying (still) that nobody saw it. urgh... it's an unbearable thought.

The day ended (um... before I got home actually) with a wasteful doctor appointment. I wanted to have a thorough eye check to make sure that my retina is not falling or tearing, so I went to my GP to get a referral letter. While my colleague has already advised me I should said "my eyes are painful" instead, I have inadvertently leaked out that I wanted to have a preventive check up. Urgh... that means no coverage from insurance at all (i.e. extra payment to the GP and the same for the SP). urgh urgh urgh. Fine. Money is nothing. Honesty is everything. I'll commend myself for being an honest and righteous person.

Hopefully the rant and babble will cast away the bad luck from yesterday and reveal a much better day today. will see.....

4 comments:

  1. TOLD ya to wear dresssss to work ga lah.. then you dun need to zip :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooi... you don't know that dress(es) also have zips?? and they are at various places?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 看到妳在我的blog留言,所以回訪了!

    我在想,女士們發生這種事情時,會否比男士們少了一點尷尬,卻多了一點難堪,感覺像「蝕底」了呢?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 謝謝! :)

    唔...我覺得也差不多.不過我覺得最慘的是你不知道是甚麼時候開始,去過哪裡,碰見過誰.恐怕最最糟糕的是碰見一直心儀的對象吧.

    ReplyDelete