Friday, June 22, 2007

Honey Gel Mask

Sunny.31C

The girl at the facial place ( urgh... i don't know what the "title" is, and calling her a beauty consultant/ technician/ beautician don't sound right at all...
let's just call her TS, which is her initial.) gave me some mask samples to try at home. It was a new line of product by Bernard Cassière which she has introduced me earlier. I tried the new honey oxygenating facial and the result was quite good. It removes the dullness and yellowness in my skin so I looked fresh and, yes, rather radiant, after the facial. Of course it's not ever-lasting, but my skin was still quite smooth and fine the few days after the facial.

She's also given me some cream & serum samples. I love the serum, but as usual, of course, I don't know what these "serums" really do and what results they really give me. It could be the real work but it also could be due to some psychological reactions, I do find the serum effective - smoother skin, finer pores, etc. And I do like the texture. It's not sticky at all. However, the cream was a little too thick for me even though I have only applied a small dab. TS said that she actually has bought the cream because she likes it very much and it was very effective (oxygenating and hydrating). The other girls at the place have also bought it.

Back to the mask. Instead of the usual creamy honey colour, it's a transparent pale green gel mask. I do like the texture though I find it somewhat watery. I did look a lot "whiter" after I've rinsed the mask, a little too "white" even. But the dull, uneven, yucky skin tone has indeed vanished. I am considering adding this to my closet drawer (a.k.a. the place where I keep the skincare product that I often use, but not on daily basis. Well, the space in the bathroom "mirror-board" is rather limited.), but I wonder what was in it that did the magic?

There are all of a sudden quite a few products using extracts of honey. I like L'Occitane's Honey Face Cream a lot when I tried the sample during my Taipei trip. Sometimes, there are so many similar products that it's hard to choose which one is suitable for me. It's a headache to shop around for the right product!

No comments:

Post a Comment