Monday, January 16, 2006

Finally, the card has arrived

Hazy/Foggy.Sleepy.19C

So, today, after 6 full months of employment, my namecards, with everything spelt correctly, have finally arrived in my hands.

Hoo-ray.
Sorry to have sounded vain. But having name card is like having the ID card in the company. To some extent, I feel that it's more important than the access card. Because granting you the access the company is a must, or how can you get into the office and be the slave and work? But giving you the cards is like giving you permission to tell others that "I work here. I represent this company." You no longer have to look embarrass when people ask you to drop your card at the registration table or pass you his/her card. You no longer feel that you'll be kicked out the very next minute.

Of course, of course. I know these have no connection at all. I am just thinking too much.

It's not a complaint. :P But somehow I just felt that even though it's a bigger firm, things didn't get done quicker. Things just gotten buried and forgotten. I have to reassure myself for not being ultra-oversensitive (urgh.. i sound like those sanitary pad ads..), that it's not *me* being forgotten, it's only that my manager has too much on his plate. (well, which still means that I'm not that important.)

So, with the cards, do I feel happier? more secure? more content about my job? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment