Thursday, February 16, 2006

Valentine's @ Amigo

Hazy/Sticky. Very Humid (89%!!!). 22C (!!!! it's winter?!)

So, it's another single Valentine's day. Situation at work was actually not as bad as I had imagined - no questions and all that stuff. The office on my side was not clustered with bouquets (I'm not sure what it was like on the other side of the toilet, but I saw girls transferring the bouquet into a vase.) And since I'm still relatively new at the team, my teammates have not attacked me with questions or teases; instead, they have all targeted at Mr. Chan as usual. [but then it seems that he's been in quite a good mood these couple of days, and left office before 7pm; when leaving at 8 or 9 was a norm for him!] As I have rightly forecasted I would have no date on the day, I have suggested to Dad that I would take Mum out to dinner at Amigo on his behalf. To make the whole plan looks good, I have ordered a bouquet with 11 champagne coloured roses:

Anyway, dinner was ok. The food was of course great, but the restaurant is just so unromantic! It's not because I went there with Mum. First of all, we went for the first round (6.30 - 8pm), so that we won't have to be hungry, etc., but yes, it's quite rush. Second, the restaurant was rather bright!! You could see so clearly what the next table was eating. Third, it's crammed of tables. It is of course the best time for a renowned restaurant like Amigo, but still......

oh well, maybe I'm just being sour. Thanks Dad for the dinner! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment